Monday, January 16, 2012

FREE COLLEGE TUITION FOR SENIOR CITIZENS...it's so easy!


I am a woman of my word. If I say I am going to do something, you better believe I will DO IT! I will always keep my word. I promise you that! When it comes to graduating from my local community college with my Asssociates Degree in Mental Health, nothing will keep me from achieving that goal! I was a dope in high school and dropped out four months before my graduation. I have regretted it ever since. There is nothing I want to experience more that that feeling of accomplishment as I walk across that big auditorium stage, surrounded by family and friends, to be handed my college diploma. I will have completed my coarses and all of my efforts will be rewarded. I want to be proud of something that I did all on my own!


This my beautiful certificate is from my inductment into Phi Theta Kappa, the National Honor Society for Two Year Universities It was recently mailed to me! I am getting it nicely framed and I will be adding to it my list of academic achievements.

I will be returning to class tomorrow, after what seemed like an eternity on break! Six whole weeks with no school! I hope I remember what to do! I got all A's last semester, which was my hardest semester yet...5 classses, 15 credit hours including Biology and a lab! I now have 35 credit hours and I am over half-way to the end! If I can do this YOU can to! Remember: Any person sixty years-old or above can get FREE tuition at Wayne County Community College District, as long as you are a resident of Wayne County. I'll bet they offer the same incentives in Macomb and Oakland Counties as well. FREE TUITION! What is stopping you now?


Getting old doesn't mean getting dumb! Infact, senior citizens now have the time and wherewithal to do more than ever. Staying active and keeping our brains working is about the only thing we can do for ourselves that isn't going to hurt us! I hope I can inspire someof you to take that first step towards maybe making one of YOUR dreams come true! I sure am glad I did!



This will be me in 18 months! Phi Theta Kappa scarf, gold cords and tassle and more!

PEACE.

5 comments:

stasia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stasia said...

Congrats to you! I'm passing the college info on to my mom. :)

Michele Lundgren said...

Thanks Stasia! The Downriver Campus on Northline I think, is amazing! xo

As Fall Leaves Illustration said...

Hi Michelle!
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I sat next to you and your husband at the 2011 Shel Dorf Awards. It was a great time! :)
I was very happy to have found your blog, and it's great to see what you and Carl have been up to.
What a small world that you know Charles and I work for Marc! Have you been following the rally at all? Those two must be out of their minds to drive across all those countries, but it's pretty exciting. :) If you go to this link, there's a picture of Charles and Marc hitting a bump of sand and lifting their jeep right off the ground! http://www.londoncapetownrally.com/gallery.html Look at Day 9 (Egypt), 5th and 6th picture in are them.

Michele Lundgren said...

Hi Fall Leaves!
I can't remember your first name but we had fun at that table because of you guys! Can't wait until this year back at The Hyatt Regency!
Thanks for finding my blog...I read and hooked up to your's as well! I can't believe you know Charles Green and the Pelle Pelle guy! REALLY small world! Carl has a FB page...Carl Lundgren Illustrator/Artist! Please stay in touch. xo M