Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE OLD FOLKS KNOW HOW TO PARTY DOWN...ain't no stopping us now!

The wonderful people at Showcase Collectibes!

I spent the weekend hanging out with people my OWN age for change...and what a great time was had by all! Older adults really know how to cut loose! We don't have to be home by any certain time, we can eat and drink as much as we want to, we don't get blamed for bad behavior because we can always play the "I'm old" card, and we can sing off key along with Tammy Wynette, and the louder the better! I had so much fun that I want to do it all over again! And soon!


Carl Lundgren and another famous poster artist, Mark Dancy.
 My husband and I were obligated to be at a speaking engagement for the last several days, Thursday through today, Sunday, and I was pretty much dreading every second of it! It was yet another art show, but this time a movie was involved. Between the lecture and the movie, we had to knock off about two hours each night and find something to do.We even had a snow storm to break up the monotony, but it was still a very long evening. And although the event turn out wasn't as big as we would have liked, the people who did show up were gracious and just happy to be there! With us!


Jack and Melissa Bodnar came to the show in a BLIZZARD! Love them!

Carl points out the art to our friend, Thomas Lubinski.
I took the opportunity to take advantage of devouring as much of the free all-you-can-eat  drowning in butter flavored oil substance...popcorn! Yum! Because it was also an art exhibit, we were offered all the cheese and delicious cookies and brownies you could eat as well! My New Year's resolutions never included eating healthy! But the best part of the event was the special open house party the great antique and collectible store across the street from our event held just for us, and all the patrons of the movie lecture were invited there too! What a hoot!

Really groovy "old" dude!  It just gets better with age!
Becky Tyner and Laura Grimshaw enjoy the food and wine!

The owners of the Showcase Collectible Shop have been in our neighborhood for years and they are just amazing! They have about 11 dogs that they take care of, plus chickens, flowers and more! Really fun guys with millions of friends who just love to live life to the fullest! The store had put out a great pot luck spread and there was so much wine, beer and other beverages, that I didn't even want to go home at all. Me! Who didn't want to go out in the first place!


One (or two) of the big dogs!


This, believe it or not, is a Standard Poodle face!
The best part of all of this is that after the lecture event, they had all this left-over really nice cheese that we got to take home! I'll be snacking for days to come!

This is my WHOLE cheese collection today...that nice
plastic bag in the back center is the NEW cheese!

So, my point it, even a bad attitude can't stop me from having a good time. I am going to try to resolve my negative habits and just always think that everything will be fine! (Easier said than done!) I really do love you all and thanks for such a great evening!

NEWSFLASH! UPDATE! THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON MATINEE WAS WELL ATTENDED AND CARL SOLD A BUNCH OF ART! WHEW! THAT WAS CLOSE! WE THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A TOTAL BUST! THANKS SO MUCH TO OUR FRIENDS WHO CAME OUT! XO
Peace.



4 comments:

susie forkin said...

I wish we could have made it to this but we shall see you next weekend!! XO

LeGrim Detroit said...

I had a great time hanging with you Michele, thanks! And the Showcase Colectibles made some sales, too. Love on You. Laura

Mama D. said...

Great show I dig R.Crumbs work,,, we got to see Carl...;) and I need to buy book from Carl...We
missed you Michele. <3 glad we made it out..xo " Love all the Art " D.D. & Howard

Michele Lundgren said...

We are so happy that Sunday was great for all of us! Thank you all so much for your kind words and for braving the elements all week!I was too tired after the first three days, but that Carl Lundgren, he sure is a trooper!