Sunday, February 26, 2012

WHAT'S THE USE...I'm throwing in the towel.

 People are crazy. People do crazy things. We are living in a society that does not value life anymore. Once minute you can be standing in a concert venue watching a band and the next thing you know, you get in somebody's way and they clobber you on the side of the head. Not even so much as an "excuse me you are in my way" (as if they OWNED the space), or even a push or a shove. No, a full blown punch in the ear with every intent to KILL you. No exchange of words or anything, just BAM! You're dead. So long sucker...you blocked my view of the band! Attempted murder. Assault in the third degree. Even if you didn't drop dead right there on the spot, a deliberate punch in the temple/ear may have resulted in a stroke or a blood clot or something later on...but who cares. Who cares. It doesn't even deserve a question mark, because who really cares. Nobody will come to your defense. Nobody will grab the person who threw the punch that could have killed someone, because blocking someone's view of a band is reason enough to take the life of another. Even if while you are losing consciousness and you point to the person who you think may have thrown the punch, that person will not even be detained, because, hey, who wants trouble? Hell, you can just fall to the ground and people will kick you out of the way or step on you, because they want to see the band. I don't remember much else...

Nobody is kind anymore. Everyone is hostile and bitter. Everyone is just begging for a reason to over-react. Mean. Cruel. Selfish, thoughtless, dangerous  people. It's better to just keep your eyes to the ground. Do not make any sort of emotional contact. Do not brush against anyone. Do not go out in crowds. One step out into the streets and it could be your last. Oh yeah, and don't talk too much, or too fast. Because it annoys people. Or smile. Don't ever smile. Because you will end up feeling like an idiot when the person you are smiling at ignores you. 

So I lied to my family and friends about the incident at the rock concert because I am embarrassed and because I didn't want to spoil their fun. The woman who threw the punch was twice my size and half my age, and she walked away, probably laughing. The concert venue was very kind to me in the security/emergency area...but frankly, I don't even remember how I got there. I certainly can't even remember why I was there in the first place. The concert venue wanted to take me to the emergency room at a local Detroit hospital, but I refused. I guess I just live under a black cloud. I give off a bad vibe. I'm not very likeable if even strangers want me dead! 

I surrender. I am waving a white flag. 

The right side of my head and my ear is still very painful. I think I got something busted. I probably should go to the emergency room, but what's the point? Who cares about a stupid ear when  I can't fix myself as a person. I can't even figure out what's wrong with me! I guess that's the problem.  Peace.










5 comments:

nuntukamen said...

Wow. Pathetic, but you DO live in Detroit. Anyway, don't throw in the towel unless you are coming out of the shower wearing it. I think we all need to take a stronger mental and determined stance. There is no reason for someone our age to have these type experiences, but they occur anyway. You're a tough girl; hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your experience! I am 64 and still working as a sales rep who visits companies. Last Fall I was heading to a customer site and was stopped for a light in the left turn lane of Schoenherr north heading to 10 Mile west when suddenly someone banged into my rear end pretty hard. Just as I was trying to get my wits about me to decide whether I should get out of the car right there to exchange insurance info with the person who hit me, he HIT ME AGAIN! (thank GOD I hesitated! He hit me again while he was backing up and trying to get away! I was so upset I forgot to look at his license plate until he was too far away to see! The police would not come out. They said unless I needed an ambulance, I had to go to the police station to report it. When I went, they treated me like I was a complaining, whiniy basket case and never even asked my name. Became glad later, since perhaps they might come after me later for leaving the scene of the accident?!?! You do not know these days...

Julie A. Turner said...

That's horrible but, I don't believe there are no good people left. I live in the Flint area and work in the city... it's easy to see the bad everyday because it is so prevalent... but, I also see a lot of good... from the receptionist where I work who, despite being narcisstic beyond measure when dealing with those of us she knows, has patience and empathy when dealing with downtrodden, challenged in numerous ways clients to those who step in to help others, (including animals), who can never repay them.
I do have to believe, the venue/band had something to do with the behavior and attitude of those present. And, while I find it deplorable nobody stepped in to detain the individual who attacked you, I don't believe this is always the case either... alas, most were probably drinking and/or high which contributed to their lack of fortitude.
Please go get checked at the hospital or your personal doctor as soon as possible. And don't throw in the towel... or ever stop smiling... when a person ignores your smile, just be thankful you're not them and don't let them force you into becoming one of them!

Petra Dunn said...

I am very sad, and angry to read that someone punched you. People have pushed me at shows. I have never had any major problems at shows. I do have this to add. I moved to Michigan in 2010. I was kidnapped, had my car stolen, money taken out of my ATM. I complied with the people who had me because I wanted to live to see my family in Virginia. I moved back to Virgina in 2011. This could have happened anywhere. It's not because you live in DETROIT. STOP making DETROIT sound like Beirut. Because it ISN'T. I LOVE Detroit. I love Michigan. I didn't move back to the East Coast because I was afraid, I moved back because my job ended. Violence is NEVER acceptable. Rude people looking or a fight are everywhere. If you give in to thinking everyone is the enemy they will be. The world is full of random kind strangers, and the world is equally filled with questionable people. Situations happen. To everyone. I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. The people that stole my car, my money, my phone, my beloved peridot ring, ect. got what they wanted. But I have my life. I wanted it not so much for me at the time, but more for my family. I am someone's daughter. Sister. Aunt. Ect. You still have your life. Celebrate it. Whoever hurt you will get their karma. They will get their ass kicked. BELIEVE IT. CELEBRATE LIFE. It's a GIFT.

susie forkin said...

OMG...I just read this...I would have gotten you help!!! WTF is wrong with people!!! XOXO