Sunday, December 30, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR...the times they are a changing!


I wish I could go back in time and reset the calendars and the clocks. As 2012 draws to a close, I wish I could get my boring, stupid life back. I allowed myself to climb to a mountain top, and I looked out to a distant world where I knew I didn't belong. Despite my better judgement, I ventured forth into that world and I liked it. If I had kept my eyes wide shut, I would have never experienced the nirvana that came from that world and everything would still be as simple and predictable today as it was yesterday.
 
They say with age comes wisdom. I am sure about the aging part, I'm just not so sure that I got any smarter. I tried out some new things in 2012 that set off emotionally charged feelings. I wouldn't recommend veering off course to anybody unless you are prepared to unleash your deepest fury. Stay your course. There really are no greener pastures out there. Well actually, there are greener pastures, but you must pay heed to that big old sign that reads: DO NOT ENTER! Those beautiful, desirable greener pastures you covet will most likely be rife with land mines just waiting to explode and blow you to bits.

And yet, I am somehow grateful for the experiences that came my way in 2012. I learned a lot about who I am and about how I want to live out the rest of my days. 2013 will  find me making  important decisions that will  not only affect my life, but will probably affect the lives of many around me. I can't change this. I could be making the biggest mistake of my life, but when you are nearing the end of that expectancy, what the hell do you really have to lose? Unfortunately, I went to that mountain top and I haven't been the same since. I have to find my way back down. I have to find out where I really belong. The air up there was rather thin. I need to breathe again.

Please be kind, loving and patient throughout 2013. Not everything is what it appears to be and every mirror is probably a dangerous, magical looking glass...walk through it if you dare. Be cautious. Don't fill yourself with fantasies unless you are prepared to have some rude awakenings. If you are comfortable with your life as it is or maybe you have just settled and drawn down the window blinds, I envy you. For me, I pray there are greater things just over the horizon, just beyond my reach. I've always been a daredevil. I have to keep hope alive.

2013 will find me concentrating on ME! I am writer, an actress and model, and all around interesting person! I want to concentrate on my blogging skills and photography. I know you I will try really hard to keep everything interesting and I hope you enjoy my efforts. Thanks so much and have a great New year!

Thank you all for an amazing 2012 and I look forward to a dream-come-true 2013.

Mayan Universal Butterfly - Hunab Ku















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog again Michele, I eagerly await to hear your next adventures. I often wish you have a hairband camera cam on so we could go along visually for the ride! (You could turn it off for those "very private moments") Keep the fabulous writing going. XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

Opps I meant to say that comment is from me Linda (Linny)!!!