Thursday, December 27, 2012

MY DETROIT HOME RANDOM CHRISTMAS PICTURES 2012...if I can do this so can you!

JUST A VIEW OF THE HEART OF THE HOUSE, THE DINING ROOM.
USING SPACE TO CREATE AN INVITING BAR AREA.

Welcome to my new and expanded blog GHETTO HOMES and GARDENS-DETROIT LIVING. I will be focusing on the beautification of Detroit starting with our residential homes and gardens! I can't wait to share my view of  Detroit with you! Thanks so much for joining me! If you have any pictures you'd like to share of  YOUR Detroit restorations, I'd love to see them and share them with the world! My plan is to utilize all of my friends in my immediate area that have historic and/or old homes and buildings and then spread out all over the Metro D, taking photos and notes and publishing them here! This first blog is just using a few personal photographs of my house to wrap up my 2012 Christmas season. In the future, I promise to give you your money's worth with  great seasonal interior and exterior photos and editorial content as well! 

I am not totally computer/blog savvy and I will be looking to hire some help to clean up this blog site and make it really cool! Thanks for stopping by. Peace.

SMALL, NARROW FAKE TREE FROM VALUE WORLD!
REALLY CHEAP GIFTS LOOK PRETTY!
I DID RED AND WHITE...ALWAYS BE "THEMATIC"

OUR TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS DAY BREAKFAST!
TOASTED EVERYTHING BAGELS, LOX,  'SMEAR, BUTTER,
RED ONIONS, CUKES AND CHOPPED LIVER!



FINAL BATCH OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES.
I GAVE A LOT OF THEM AWAY AS GIFTS!
14 POUND SAGE RUBBED TURKEY
STUFFED AND READY FOR OVEN


GREEN BEEN CASSEROLE! YUM!

NICE TURKEY, MICHELE. THANKS.
COOKIE SHOPPING! NOT CHEAP!

$30 WORTH OF COOKIE INGREDIENTS!

COOKIE PREP




CARL ADDS THE FINISHING TOUCH!

TOLL HOUSE! MMMMM!

INTO THE OVEN! 375 DEGREES!

PERFECT!

BEFORE THE COOKING DESTRUCTION SETS IN!
WE DID THIS KITCHEN OURSELVES ON THE CHEAP
FROM HOME DEPOT! APPLIANCES FROM CRAIG'S LIST!

JUST LOVE MY MANTLE! I CHANGE IT UP EVERY MONTH

CHRISTMAS EVE APPETIZERS-CRAB LEGS, SCALLOPS
WRAPPED IN BACON AND MUNCHIES!

TURKEY "MUST" IS A ROASTER BAG!

THESE TWO  WATCHED TV WHILE I MADE A THREE
COURSE TURKEY DINNER WITH ALL
THE TRIMMINGS MAGICALLY APPEAR!


CARA SAID, AND I QUOTE," I TURNED AROUND
AND THERE WAS FOOD ON THE TABLE!"

THE TABLE

FINALLY, I GET A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE!

I DO THE DOMESTIC THING AT
LEAST THREE TIMES A YEAR!

HAND PAINTED CHAMPAGNE GLASSES
BY JULIE FOURNIER

REALLY NICE CHAMPAGNE THAT DAVE GULEWICH BROUGHT!

SCRAPS. I MUST OF HAD BUZZARDS OVER FOR DINNER!

CARA AT MY SISTER'S LATER IN THE EVENING.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE CELEBRATED MY
GODSON'S  21ST BIRTHDAY!
CHRISTMAS DAY BABY!

ME IN THE "BIG  SNOW STORM!
THANKS FOR SHARING MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY 2012!  
I PROMISE TO BE A LOT MORE REGULAR 
WITH MY BLOGGING.

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU IN 2013

1 comment:

Stanza* said...

The only hope I saw for the Cass Corridor way back when I was there is when the Viet Vets were alotted several bldgs. to help other Viet Vets. Now that I see you live there, I think the area might turn tnto a desireable place to live again. Good Luck in your endeavors to re-vitalize the area. With all the Energy you spent on Christmas,no wonder your under the weather. Use it to your advantage. Again, Good Luck, Stan Eiza* Ps. I like the way you operate, Wait till the Responsibilties are over than have a relaxing drink.Thats the Only Way to Get it Done Girl!